Today I managed to finish my first baby dress! It took another 2 hours to finish hand stitching the dress top to the skirt on the inside, machining the 2 button holes and fixing the 4 buttons on. Although I machined the button holes very well, I did them with the best side on the inside rather than the outside! But once the button is pulled through it’s not really noticeable!
In total it’s taken around 12 hours, £20 in sewing club fees, £5.60 for the pattern plus the cost of the material and buttons (which I don’t have a record of)! But it is the first ever piece of clothing I’ve ever made and baby clothes seem to be particularly difficult because they are so small and fiddly.
Our daughter will probably only wear it for a month or so!