Handmade Baby Dungarees!

Picture of Baby DungareesI’ve made some progress on my next sewing project; the baby dungarees! I managed to zig zag stitch around a flower shape in dark red gingham fabric on the top part – admittedly not very neatly but from a distance it looks okay!

I also managed to sew around the bottom of the legs incorporating the extra thick seam for the poppers. I’ve just got to machine the top part, create the slight gathering on the waist of the trousers and attach the two together. I say “just” but it’ll probably take me another couple of Wednesday afternoons to do this!

I was hoping it would only take me 3 weeks to make but it looks like it might be 4! I am going to try to sew on all the poppers one evening so that the bottoms of the trousers are finished.

If I’m feeling brave I might have a go at machine sewing the seams on the top part but don’t hold your breath!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: